Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email
Your microbiome is a group of good and bad bacteria that live harmoniously in your gut (or in your rectum). Studies have shown that changes in your microbiome may be associated with mucosal damage, possibly leading to potential localized complications, including increased chances of STD transmission, as well as pathologies like localized abscesses, gland irritation, and anal fissures. Not only does this impact your overall health and wellness, as well as digestion, but it can also affect your sex life. That’s why it’s so important to maintain our microbiome, and synbiotics can help do this. In this guide, we will cover everything from what synbiotics are, what they do, and how they can benefit your microbiome.
What Is a Synbiotic?
Synbiotics are mixtures of healthy gut bacteria – also known as prebiotics – and fiber designed to help gut bacteria grow – also known as probiotics. Synbiotics were redefined in 2020 as “a mixture, comprising live microorganisms and substrate(s) selectively utilized by host microorganisms, that confers a health benefit on the host.” Two types of synbiotics were defined, both requiring a proven health benefit. One type is a synergistic synbiotic, and the other type is a ‘complementary synbiotic’. The Future Method Butt & Gut Daily Pre + Probiotic is considered a complementary synbiotic because we combine two established probiotics with an established prebiotic designed to target autochthonous microorganisms.
What Do Synbiotics Do?
A 2020 study shows that synbiotic supplementation increases the amount of gut bacteria associated with positive health effects, like Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus. If you recognize the name Lactobacillus, that’s because it’s included in our Butt & Gut Daily Pre + Probiotic! Synbiotics benefit you by:
- Helping probiotics in your colon survive and implant successfully,
- Stimulating growth of more probiotics and healthy bacteria in your colon, and
- Improving your overall gut biome in the GI tract!
The Benefits of Synbiotics
Synbiotics also include benefits like:
- Decreasing gut inflammation, which benefits people with IBS
- Boosting immune functions, by building a stronger gut
- Promoting weight loss, by improving cholesterol levels
- Reducing symptoms of lactose intolerance, like bloating
- And synbiotics don’t stop there! They can also target areas of your body besides your gut, like your skin!
Synbiotics don’t just help your gut health - they can also improve your bedroom life. Check out our blog “Can A Single Prebiotic/Probiotic Pill Boost Your Playtime” by Dr. Evan Goldstein to see how they can benefit you.
The Future Method Butt & Gut Daily Pre + Probiotic
So, what makes Future Method’s Butt+Gut Daily Pre + Probiotic so unique? The unique combination of three key ingredients and their benefits:
- Xylooligosaccharide supplements your healthy bacteria growth: XOS supplements have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits thanks to their antioxidants! These are an important part of any prebiotic to keep your digestive system’s biome healthy.
- Bacillus Subtilis probiotics prevent inflammation: This healthy bacteria battles inflammation in the intestine. It also strengthens the gut barrier to help prevent chronic inflammation.
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus probiotics shine in your digestive system: This healthy bacteria is already found in your gut. By adding them to a probiotic, you can relieve IBS symptoms, treat diarrhea, improve overall gut health, and more.
Most people take synbiotics to help with gut health and for their digestive properties. Some people also take it for their sexual health! Incorrect diet, penetrative play, cheap lubricants, and even improper preparation for intercourse can all radically affect the delicate balance of what we call “the booty biome.”
Here at Future Method, we wanted to help provide those gut benefits, but with a unique focus on naturally helping keep the colon clean and the digestive system running smoothly in order to support those who enjoy anal sex (and even those who don’t). Shop our complete product collection to find our Pre + Probiotic product and other great friends for your gut biome!
The views expressed in this article intend to highlight alternative studies and induce conversation. They are the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Future Method, and are for informational purposes only, even if and to the extent that this article features the advice of physicians and medical practitioners. This article is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and should never be relied upon for specific medical advice.